May 15, 2013
In this Weeks Edition:
~Summer Outdoor Fun
~Mini Pancake Kabobs
***Did you know? Macaroni Kid Longmont-Frederick only imports some of the weekly events ...
Celebrate spring with these fun cupcakes that any gardener would adore!
- Box of cupcake mix (plus all ingredients listed on the back)
- Cupcake liners
- Can of chocolate icing
- Chocolate sandwich cookies
- Zipper seal baggies
- Big spoon or a measuring cup (something good for smashing that won't break!)
- Gummy worms
- Craft sticks
- Hot glue gun
- Construction paper
- Things to decorate paper - stickers, glitter glue, foam shapes, markers, etc.
- Bake cupcakes according to directions on the box.
- While the cupcakes bake, create flowers with your kiddos! Talk about the different types of flowers and their different ...
Brighten any day with these simple flowers!
Hot glue gun
1. Cut heart shapes out of felt. You will need 2-4 hearts per flower. These hearts are about 2" but you can vary sizes.
2. Make a small cross with the hot glue at the bottom of a heart.
3. Place a branch on the cross of glue with the tip of the branch coming up to the point at the top of the heart and wrap the felt around the branch.
4. Repeat steps 2 and 3 to create as many ...
It's been a long winter, but it looks like it's finally spring and time to get ready for outdoor activities.
Here’s part of my spring to-do list to help you get ready for kid-friendly outings.
- Check “spring” jackets and rain coats to see if they fit.
- Check out last year’s rain boots and try them on.
- Locate ball caps and sun hats.
- Spend some time with your kids trying on summer shoes, t-shirts, and shorts to see what fits and what’s ready ...
Perfect Sunday Breakfast!
You will need:
Tooth picks or skewers
- Prepare pancake batter as stated on box.
- Gather topping and cook, wash, slice as needed.
- Heat skillet and cook pancakes as directed on package. We made "bite-size" pancakes, about 2 inches wide - some plain and some chocolate chip. It was easiest ...
Where: In historic downtown Longmont with over 20 venues on Main Street between 3rd Avenue and 6th Avenue.When: 6:00 PM - 9:00 PMWho: EveryoneHow: Just Show UpCost: FreeFor more info: http://www.artwalklongmont.org/
Where: Walden Ponds, 75th St between Valmont and Jay Rd.When: 9:00 AM - 1:00 PMWho: EveryoneHow: Just Show upCost: Fundraiser for Environment for the Americas.For more info: http://cumuseum.colorado.edu/events/48255
Where: Location: 6352 Fourmile Canyon Drive, BoulderWhen: 10:00 AM - 2:00 PMWho: EveryoneHow: Just Show upCost: FreeFor more info: Contact Information: Sheryl Kippen, 303-776-8848 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Music, prizes, food, trophies.
Come have a great time and see all the wonderful cars!
Where: Boulder County Fairgrounds-Picnic ShelterWhen: 9:00 AM - 2:00 PMWho: EveryoneHow: Just show upCost: FreeFor more info: Contact Information: James Knappmiller 303-485-9550
If you were a pioneer settler and there were no stores in the area yet, how would you get the things you needed for your family? Learn about old fashioned jobs and the traditional arts and crafts that went into making what was needed for life down on the farm. See blacksmithing in action, and try your hand at candle-dipping and working with a drop spindle!
Agricultural Heritage Center, 8348 Ute Highway 66 west of LongmontWhen: 10:00 AM - 3:00 PMWho: EveryoneHow: Just show upCost: FreeFor more info: Sheryl Kippen, 303-776-8848 or email@example.com
Wear your pajamas and snuggle your favorite stuffed animal as you listen to bedtime stories and lullabies that will prepare you for sweet dreams. Ages 2 1/2 to 6 but all are welcome.
Where: Carbon Valley LibraryWhen: 6:30 PM - 7:30 PMWho: ages 2 1/2-6How: Just show upCost: freeFor more info: Library Website
Where: Downtown Boulder along the Boulder Creek corridor, extending from 9th Street to 14th Street (west to east), between Canyon Blvd. and Arapahoe Ave. (north and south). Click HERE for a Festival Map!When: Sat./Sun. 10am-10pm; Mon. 11am-7pm *Exhibitor booths close at 7pm all three daysWho: EveryoneHow: Just show up.Cost: FREEFor more info: See the Boulder Creek Festival WEBSITE for schedules, exhibitors, vendors, parking, and any other info you need.
Parks, Trails, & Facilities in Longmont, Frederick, Firestone, and Lyons
Map showing Longmont Parks
Longmont Greenways & Trails (Once there, scroll down for links to maps.)
Longmont Bike Map
Nature Detectives Kids Club (FREE - for kids 11 and younger)
Frederick Parks & Facilities
Frederick Parks and Open Space Map
Firestone Parks and Trail System map
Lyons town parks
Trails in and around LYONS
Have others to add? Leave a comment below!
Storytimes, Teen Activities, Museum Discovery Days, Rec Center Activities
This is your source for all of the activities that occur on a weekly basis ~ library story times, museum discovery days, rec center activities, and so on. Events that occur less often than weekly will appear in "This Week's Calendar."
*Always remember to call ahead to confirm activities are still happening and the times have not changed. Macaroni Kid Longmont-Frederick is not responsible for changes in this schedule.
Carbon Valley Library
7 Park Ave, Frederick
Tales for Tots
- Storytime for children, featuring stories, songs, and fingerplays ...
© 2013 Macaroni Kid, LLC